Our intention is in keeping with your priorities and to become the builder of choice for your family for generations to come. To us, your project isn’t “just a job”. We know that nothing is more important than your home. It is where we live, love, laugh and cry. Where memories are made and moments are celebrated.
With every nail that goes in, with every floor board we lay, we demonstrate a pride and awareness that what we are building is a space for all of those things to happen. Where you and your family live their lives in a place that we helped you create.
For over 38 years we have been the experts in new and custom home construction, upscale home improvements and total home renovation for people just like you. This company was built with a clear emphasis on communication, guidance and commitment.
We are committed to the quality and longevity of any construction we do for you and the generations of you to come.
A project delivery system using one entity, contractor and designer from initial concept through completion.
Our clients love our efficient and cost-effective approach to delivering projects on time and especially on budget.
Metropolitan Building Systems offers an extended warranty on all our projects and a superior service commitment to you.
Your Dream. Our Mission.
We Believe In Hard Work And Dedication
We work directly with a designer and the homeowner during the design process. The entire project delivery system is streamlined and ultimately reduces the time to complete your project.
The result? A system guaranteed to deliver your project on time and on budget.
Meet Paul Wilkes
Owner & Founder
Our Signature Metro Building System
A fool-proof method assuring your project will end on time and on budget.
Our Signature Metro Building System™ is, in essence, a project delivery system using one entity/contractor/designer from initial concept through completion. In plain English, the contractor works directly with a designer and a homeowner during the design process. The entire project delivery system is streamlined and ultimately reduces the time to complete your project. The result? A system guaranteed to deliver your project on time and on budget.
PHASE 1: DISCOVERY
- Communication: From day one, the Metro team will incorporate you into each step of the process and always takes time to answer each and every question you may have. First, we will work with you to assess your needs in depth. We discover your goals, dreams and ideas for the property…what you’d like to achieve. We really listen and draw out of you the intangibles you want to make tangible in the creation of what we call your “ideal space”. This “ideal space” for any homeowner is the space that suits you, your family, your lifestyle and esthetic taste. Additionally we’ll work with you to allocate and begin crafting a budget for your project
- Once this step has been completed and a clear understanding has been established about the scope of your project, including an identifiable budget, only then will we proceed forward into Phase 2 of our Signature Metro Building System™.
PHASE 2: DESIGN
- Guidance: We’ll evaluate your ideas and begin to guide you on the variety of options for your “ideal space”, from floor plan options to the roof that’s overhead. Additionally we may suggest modifications to your existing structure to make better use of it and perhaps gain additional space relative to the addition and incorporating into one seamless “ideal space”.
- The Metro team will be there during the design & creation especially to not only deliver superior results, but guide you effortlessly through your project with minimal stress and confusion.
- The project designer and Paul Wilkes will present you the schematics of your “ideal space” to show you how the new inside & outside of your home will appear and answer any and all questions you may have.
PHASE 3: CREATION
- Commitment: The big moment arrives when ground is broken and your project is underway. You can expect direct and regular contact between you,the project leader and Paul Wilkes, who will alway be there to addresses any questions and concerns. Additionally we give you updates on daily progress…and we pride ourselves on our directness and prompt response to any message. From the moment the ground breaks you have our 100% commitment to seeing your project through, completed on time and on budget.
PHASE 4: UNVEILING
- Lastly, your “ideal space” is delivered to you. When we hand over the keys to you and unveil your new space, you can expect our Commitment to continue beyond the project delivery date. Our integrity and dedication to our clients is the very cornerstone of our business and of our success. Generation to generation, project to project…many of our clients become part of an extended family of satisfied homeowners. From our superior level of customer service on a daily basis to our craftsmanship via our Metro Ironclad Guarantee…
“Whatever it takes, we never forget our promise to deliver.”
A major component and asset in our system is the ability to define, design and ultimately cost engineer the entire project on paper first, providing you with an accurate cost estimate. By virtue of our expertise and knowledge of building, we can recommend one design variable over another to achieve your finished product with our designer.
During Phase 1: the Discovery, we interview you to get a true feeling of your expectations and needs that goes beyond a floorplan and also addresses your lifestyle demands. We then study design alternatives, some of which you may not have considered, which allows you to choose a design which meets your needs in a more cost-efficient manner. By keeping abreast of the latest construction technologies and materials, Metropolitan Building Systems Corp. can recommend specific construction methods and systems in order to maintain budget control for the project.
Because of a single entity controlling all aspects of your project, complex design problems are solved quickly and efficiently through the integration of the designer and builder. Why? Because the builder can validate what is being designed can in fact be built for the proposed initial budget. This is the most intelligent, efficient and cost-effective approach to delivering your project on time and especially on budget.
Compare this approach to a typical bid process where an independant architect hired by you will produce a set of drawings that simply is too costly to build. The result? You, the homeowner have absorbed the cost for the drawings only to find out that construction costs are 15/25/even perhaps 35% higher than what you initially hoped for, not to mention the further expenses to modify those drawings so your project becomes affordable.
Our Signature Metro Building System™ only works with you in it. Remember, that a critical component of this system is that you as a homeowner really think about what it is your needs are for the space and also to establish a realistic budget and then we do the rest. Think carefully, take your time and weigh out what you want your dream home to look like. Then realistically, how much you can budget to bring it to life.
To make your dream a reality, a partnership dedicated to this mission is created with you, focused keenly on efficiency and adhering to the budget you determine. Successful collaboration as a team is critical to maintain control over timelines and results. This is the essence of the Metro Building System™.
Developing Drawings Before Speaking With a Builder
Building or creating your ideal space is very exciting, but its incredibly important to remain grounded while you dream of this new creation. Often times homeowners will make the mistake of going directly to an independent architect to develop a beautiful and costly set of drawings to put out for a competitive bid. Soon these homeowners discover however that the construction costs are 15/25/even perhaps 35% higher than what they initially hoped for, not to mention the further expense for the architect to modify those drawings so the project becomes affordable.
How is Metro Different?
What company do you think has a greater knowledge and insight about your project before and during its building phase? The company who only provides you a competitive bid based on drawings provided by an independent design person? Or the company who provides an accurate cost estimate based upon thorough research, value engineering and extensive design criteria…and who builds it? The latter of course.
Because of a single entity controlling all aspects of your project, complex design problems are solved quickly and efficiently through the integration of the designer and builder. Why? Because we, the builder can validate what is being designed can in fact be built for the proposed initial budget. This is the most intelligent, efficient and cost-effective approach to delivering your project on time and especially on budget.
In our 38 years of experience we have created a unique system that is designed to deliver your project on time and on budget and ensure that both of these items remain at the forefront of the job from start to finish. We call this our Signature Metro Building System™.
OUR EXTENDED WARRANTY THAT KEEPS OUR CLIENTS COMING BACK FOR GENERATIONS
Our commitment to our work and your home.
Metropolitan Building Systems offers an extended warranty on all our projects and superior service commitment to you.
This warranty and our superior service guidelines are as follows:
- 3 year no questions asked workmanship warranty. From a leaky faucet to a leaky roof, if any item is not at 100% quality within 3 years of completion, Metro will repair or replace the item at no additional cost to you.
- Free 1 year inspection including: exterior and interior finishes, mechanical, electrical, and plumbing.
- Prompt call back guarantee. No matter what the question or challenge, we will get back to your right away.
- Procurement and inspection of materials.
- Proactive investigation and detection methods guarantee foresight and recognition of any problems or obstacles which may appear during the course of your project.
- Strict adherence to your project budget as well as our commitment to offer you vital cost saving options.
- The most skilled, educated staff available, committed to be on your job site from start to finish.
- Our construction team operates on a mentor based system. Many of our workmen have 30+ years of experience in the field and are paired with people of 5 to 10 years of experience. At no time does an unskilled hand ever touch your home.
- 100% visibility. Our staff and team are always available to answer any questions you may have. After meeting with us, our management does not vanish from the job site. We are there daily to review progress and assure you are satisfied.
- We establish a “Lead Guy” for every project to serve as your direct contact and point person during the course of the project.
- Identifiable work schedule.
- Detailed progression and completion dates.
- Daily communication with you regarding job status.
- Our job sites never feature trash or discarded materials. Time is allocated every day to make your site look as neat and organized as possible.