This is the story of Michael and Amy and their two children, who purchased the home in 2010 but were unhappy with the disconnected floor plan of the home. This is their experience with Metropolitan Building Systems.
Located in the suburban Bellevue Avenue neighborhood of Melrose, this early American colonial was expanded and renovated by Metropolitan Building Systems Corp. Michael and Amy could see the potential in this stunning home with amazing details and woodworking, but which struggled with a very compartmentalized and disconnected floor plan that was so common in elegant homes of yesteryear.
The Metro Team expanded the floor space and reconfigured the interior of the existing structure to seamlessly blend into the new family room, kitchen, mud room and 1/2 bath. The result is work that featured as much fine craftsmanship and detail as seen in the rest of the home and seamlessly blended into the house.
“If this home was in Wellesley or Newton it easily could’ve been a 4 to 5 million dollar home. Amazing details and craftsmanship seen throughout the house. I was pleased that we could respectfully enhance the craftsmanship that is really seen these days.” – Paul Wilkes
Scope of Project
- Expanded the building to accommodate new floor plan
- Expanded interior of existing structure blending into first floor
- Changed entire mechanical/HVAC throughout the whole building
- Added new Family room, kitchen, mud room with built-ibs, 1/2 bath
- Reconfigured hallway from existing to new area
- Light modifications to dining room and living room on 1st floor