Located in the suburban Adena Road neighborhood of Newton, this cozy Colonial home was lovingly expanded and finished by Metropolitan Building Systems Corp. This fine family home for Tim & Carmen Strayer, was a bit cramped for the needs of their growing family. A phone call later, Paul Wilkes and the Metro team began expansion plans unto an existing three season porch. This porch was demolished to make way for the footprint of the home of their dreams. A spacious family room and haven for the business professional Tim, as well as two new bedrooms upstairs for the children, and a finished basement play room.
“This project posed some logistical challenges as far as having a confined space not only to work in for this two storey addition, but also in making sure the Strayer’s were able to go about their daily lives with minimal disruption. All in all, for what this project evolved to, I was more than pleased with the end product.” – Paul WilkesScope of Project
- New addition construction designed to blend seamlessly into existing structure.
- Completely finished basement including children’s play room, updated mechanicals and central air.
- Two additional bedrooms in new second floor addition including 256 square foot children’s bedroom and new guest bedroom.
- Brand new 576 square foot family room with elegant dedicated lighting fixtures, surround sound system and entertainment center.
- Exterior extension of existing structure, colors, materials, siding and roofing.